Besides the beach, golden tans, and beautiful weather, one of our favorite things about summer is the food trends that come along with it. Here’s a list of just a few of our favorite summer food trends!
We love the matcha infused trend as it brings so many health benefits to your everyday diet and here are a list of a few:
- It’s packed with antioxidants like EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate) that provides potent cancer-fighting properties.
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies the body effectively and naturally
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll, and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in brain function and concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Not only do we love Matcha for its health benefits, but also as its rich green color is so instagrammable !
2. Edible Flowers!
They are so beautiful and make you feel like you’re eating a meal made by mother nature herself.
3. Dairy Free Ice-Creams Are Everywhere!
Dairy-free ice cream is taking over this Summer. With all of the progress in vegan and plant-based foods, it’s easier than ever to enjoy your favorites delicious treats while also being a bit healthier. Plant-based soft-serve shops often use ingredients like coconut milk, nuts, dark chocolate, and so many more. Yum!
4. Health Conscious Cocktails!
There’s nothing much better than being poolside with a cold drink, except for having a drink that doesn’t make you feel like you need to hit the gym extra hard the next day!
5. Acai bowls!
Super healthy, super delicious, and again, a beautiful sight to share with your Instagram followers!