We’ve been cooking at home a lot in the past few months and our go-to recipes or methods of cooking may be getting old or lacking inspiration. It’s time to spice things up! At Meisterdish our chef developed recipes include various spices that add flavor, enhance taste, add color and transform dishes and ingredients into meals that are so delicious you’d be surprised that you yourself had made it.
We’ve gathered up our favorite spices and spice mixes to spice up your meals..
Cajun spice Mix:
This mix consists of equal parts salt, red pepper, black pepper, thyme, celery seed, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried rosemary. We use this seasoning in our Cajun Chicken Skewers with Zucchini, Spinach, and Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous meal kit. It adds great flavor to the chicken, which sometimes can be bland.
This spice mix is smokey and rich with flavor. Perfect to add to sour cream to make a sauce or use as a rub for meats. It consists of onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and black pepper.
Our Steak Fajitas with Buttered Corn, Jalapeno & Sour Cream combine tender lean strips of steak peppered with our special spice mix wrapped inside a toasted tortilla.
Make it yourself!
What you need:
300 g Steak
120 g Tri Colored Bell Peppers
60 g Onion
Half a Jalapeno
90 g Corn
100 g Sour Cream
40 g Butter
5 g Cilantro
- Mix sour cream with a squeeze of lime, season
to taste with 1/2 tsp salt and fajita spice mix
- Place pan on high heat with 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and sear steak for 1-2 mins.
- Add bell peppers, and onions with 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 4-5 mins
- In a second pan, heat 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil with corn, jalapeño, and 1/2 tsp salt & pepper to taste. Stir for 2-3 mins. Then turn off heat and mix in butter.
- Heat a third pan on med-high heat Toast tortillas on each side for 1-2 mins or until golden brown.
- Add steak, vegetables, and corn to each tortilla. Dress with sour cream and garnish with lime and cilantro. Enjoy your Meisterdish!
Korean Chili Powder or Gochugaru:
This coarsely ground red pepper is a staple to korean dishes including kimchi and stews. It adds a hot, smoky, and sweet flavor as well as a deep red color to any dish. In our Korean Bulgogi Beef Bowl it is used to marinate the beef and cucumbers.